This dressing is incredible! It takes about 10 minutes to make this salad and it makes the perfect side to any meal. If the pears aren’t ripe and ready in your area, strawberries, melon, or apple would be a great substitute. I omitted the pecans in my salad but it was still great. Play around with your favorite fruits and nuts to create your own perfect salad!
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped red onion
- 2 large red or green pears quartered, cored, and cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 bag of prewashed baby spinach
- 3 oz crumbled goat cheese
Toast the pecans in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside and let cool.
Whisk the oil, vinegar, honey, and salt and pepper in a bowl.
Whisk in onions.
Then pears and raisins.
Add spinach and toss to coat. Divide salad onto 4 plates top each with pecans and goat cheese.